Of course, cauliflower is not the kind of food that usually evokes emotional storms and gastronomic ecstasy. And yet, who said that it cannot be tasty? The question is how to cook it. Fortunately, everything is much simpler than you expected! The most important thing in handling vegetables is not to overexpose! Whichever way you cook vegetables – steamed, in the oven or in a saucepan, try not to kill them with long cooking, from this they become like cotton wool and then you tell me that you hate vegetables! The vegetables themselves are not to blame for this, believe me :).
So, baked cauliflower. As you can imagine, my Paleo Restorative Diet doesn’t allow me to do too much – for example, sprinkle vegetables with béchamel sauce, sprinkle with parmesan and other bells and whistles, turning a humble vegetable dish into a real calorie bomb.
Therefore, all that remains for me is to pour the cabbage with olive oil, add a couple of spices, herbs, salt … This is, in fact, the whole recipe :). And if you are losing weight, you want to eat in the style of a # healthy lifestyle, and you, like me, have absolutely no time, this recipe is just what you need!
Preparation of food
Time for preparing
Total cooking time
Type of dish: Main / side dish
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2-3 medium garlic cloves
- Several sprigs of rosemary
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Disassemble the cauliflower into inflorescences, rinse and drain. I use a salad dryer – very convenient!
- Then put the cabbage in a baking dish, season with salt, drizzle with olive oil, lightly sprinkle with turmeric (this is optional, but I really like it). Do not overdo it with turmeric, otherwise it will taste bitter!
- Add finely chopped garlic, rosemary leaves and mix well.
- Another more effective way to mix vegetables with herbs, oil and spices is to put everything in a container with a lid and shake it well. Minus – then you also have to wash the container :). But everything mixes up just perfect :).
- Cover with foil and send for 25 – 30 minutes in the oven, preheated to 200 – 220 C. Time may vary depending on how soon your cabbage becomes soft. As I said, the main thing is not to overexpose.
- Then switch the oven to grill mode, remove the foil and let this pale vegetable sunbathe a little. Without fanaticism! We only need a slight blush :).
- It’s all! It is very tasty! And if you suddenly do not like what happened, call me – I will gladly eat it for you :).