Dieting is a key way to reduce calorie intake to help you lose weight and belly. The role is also played by the fact that, due to the peculiarities of metabolism, most men are able to lose weight and get rid of fat solely with a diet – and without playing sports.
Below in the material you will find an example of a men’s diet for weight loss of 1800 kcal – including a detailed menu for weight loss by day for a week. In addition, nutritional rules will be considered to help remove a large belly and get rid of fat on the sides.
// Simple diet for men
Compliance with a diet for men does not mean a sharp restriction of calorie intake – in the end, the composition of the diet and the choice of products included in the menu are more important. In fact, proper nutrition for weight loss always starts with a study of the glycemic index of the food.
At the same time, physical training and sports, although they help to lose weight, do not burn a significant amount of calories – a can of cola is equivalent to a 30-minute run. In fact, it’s easier to diet and avoid junk food than trying to burn belly fat with exercise.
A men’s diet for weight loss should contain about 1800 kcal – about 20% less than the calorie intake per day with an average level of activity. In addition, it is important to eat a lot of vegetables – sources of vitamins and natural fiber, which creates a feeling of long-term satiety.
// Read more:
How to get rid of the belly?
Fat on the belly and on the sides is the reserves of reserve energy. Moreover, the body begins to spend these reserves only when the calories from food are not enough. Accordingly, proper nutrition for weight loss implies, first of all, calorie control.
In addition, the diet for men is not just about giving up the “three foods from which the belly grows” and switching to low-fat cottage cheese for 14 days, but a complete revision of dietary habits. In particular, a complete rejection of fast food, fast carbohydrates and liquid calories (sugary soda, juices, beer) will be required.
At the same time, sports are only optional – you can lose weight solely with the help of a diet and not exhaust yourself with jogging. The main thing is to tune in to the fact that progress will manifest itself gradually. In other words, you will lose 10 kg in 2-3 months, not in 3 weeks.
// Read more:
Weight loss for men – the main rules
Successful weight loss is all about turning your daily diet into a fat-burning diet. Having started counting calories and BJU (proteins, fats and carbohydrates), a beginner will quickly get confused and give up this activity. In the first month of dieting, it is important for men to observe the following rules of proper nutrition:
one. Breakfast and lunch are the main meals
- The main reason for gaining excess weight and increasing belly fat in men is the habit of not having breakfast at first, then being content with a snack at lunch, and at the end of the day having a hearty supper before bed. Train yourself to wake up early and have a full breakfast.
// 10 breakfasts for weight loss
2. Limit carbohydrates for dinner
- If your typical dinner consists of fried potatoes, bread, and sweet tea and cookies, don’t be surprised if you’ve gained weight. The right dinner for men’s weight loss will be a portion of lean meat with a side dish of salad or green vegetables seasoned with olive oil.
// How many hours before bedtime can you eat?
3. Give up sweets
- It is sugar and sweet pastries that are the main reasons that break the metabolism and make the body constantly feel hungry and ask for calories. The good news is that it is much easier for men than for women to completely cut sugar from their diet.
// how to give up sweets?
4. Learn to feel full
- The buffet and the all-inclusive principle of food is the first enemy of a slim figure. Get used to the standard serving size, do not ask for supplements and leave the table with a slight feeling of hunger – remember that the satiety from food comes only after 20 minutes.
// why do you constantly want to eat?
5. Engage in strength training
- Losing excess weight is not as difficult as it seems. However, it is difficult to get the body in order and regain the muscles lost due to a sedentary lifestyle. Do you want to feel like 25 years old? Strength training can not only build muscle, but also increase the level of male hormones.
// how to increase testosterone?
Diet for weight loss – menu for the week
The men’s diet for weight loss is based on the fact that in the morning, fast carbohydrates should be present in the diet to increase performance, the main meal (the largest amount of carbohydrates) is at lunch, and for dinner it consists of a large amount of vegetables, lean meat and healthy vegetable fats.
// Day 1
- curd mousse with banana and raspberries
- cheese muffin
- sandwich roll with Korean carrot, chicken and cucumber
- cherry compote
- fresh cabbage salad with cucumber and carrots
- vegetable puree soup with coconut milk
- sweet and sour chicken
- basmatti rice with chickpeas
- fish cakes
- curry sauce
- cauliflower meatballs
// Day 2
- oatmeal with pumpkin seeds and coconut
- pancakes with chicken
- cottage cheese dessert with granola
- buckwheat soup with turkey meatballs
- herring under a fur coat with green onions
- couscous with vegetables
- steamed chicken breast fillet with fragrant thyme
- mustard sauce
- fresh vegetables
- curd sauce
// Day 3
- barley porridge with almonds and raisins
- omelet with spinach and feta cheese
- cottage cheese pancakes
- black currant sauce
- pear muffin
- potato salad with cherry and oat sprouts
- bean soup with vegetables
- chicken cutlets with pumpkin
- buckwheat with vegetables
- cod in aromatic herbs
- hot sauce with lemon and chili
- grilled zucchini with basil
// Day 4
- baked granola
- roll with red fish
- coconut panna cotta with pineapple
- beetroot pickled cabbage
- mushroom cream soup with champignons
- fish casserole
- vegetable stew with chicken
- vegetable casserole with cheese
// Day 5
- corn porridge with coconut milk
- casserole with prunes
- sour cream
- carrot cake
- spicy rosehip drink
- salad “Olivier” with chicken fillet
- chicken soup with meatballs
- Pasta with cheese
- turkey with carrots and nori
- zucchini, celery, sweet pepper with thyme
// Day 6
- buckwheat porridge with figs, prunes and flax seeds
- baked chicken egg with sun-dried tomatoes
- sea buckthorn mousse
- salad of carrots, apples and prunes with sour cream
- tomato cream soup
- yoghurt sauce with mustard
- buckwheat noodles with spinach
- mackerel baked with thyme
- beet hummus
// Day 7
- rice lula with vegetables
- sour cream
- corn pudding with apple
- yoghurt sauce with prunes
- soy sprouts with bell pepper, cucumber and radish
- pumpkin cream soup
- bolognese pasta
- Funchoza salad with squid
- broccoli with olive oil
This menu was compiled by nutritionists of the “Eat Right” company. Daily calorie content – 1800 kcal, 80-100 g of proteins, 80-100 g of fat and 150-170 g of carbohydrates. You can order meals for a week on the campaign website – 10% discount with the FITSEVEN promo code.
Men’s diet for weight loss begins with the ability to limit yourself in food and not overeat. It is also important to learn how to identify unhealthy foods that contain empty calories and lead to weight gain. In this case, the result from following the correct diet often exceeds the result from performing fat burning exercises.
Date of the last update of the material – January 5, 2021